Get Direct Admission in Top Engineering Colleges through one of the Best Education Consultants in Bangalore.
An engineering degree is an advanced academic degree in engineering.
The Bachelor of Engineering often abbreviated as B.E, B.Tech, is an undergraduate(UG) academic degree awarded to a student after four to five years of studying engineering at an accredited university.
Similarly, M.E, M.Tech is a post graduate(PG) degree awarded after pursuing a course with a duration of 2 years.
Various Engineering Branches in India :
Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communications (or Telecom) Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Information Technology, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Production Engineering, Systems Science, Biochemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Genetic Engineering, Tool engineering and Agricultural Engineering.
Engineering Qualifications in India
Diploma in engineering
- Duration: 3 years
- Eligibility: 10th
Bachelor’s degrees [BE / B.Tech ]
- Duration: 4 years
- Eligibility: 12th
Master’s degrees [ME / M.Tech ]
- Duration: 2 years
- Eligibility: BE / B.Tech / or equivalent
- Entrance : GATE / or equivalent
- Sc and MS degrees are usually research-oriented and require 2 or more years to complete.
B.E / B.Tech
- Minimum Age 17 years
- Pass the 10+2 board examination in science streams
- Marks should be at least 45%
M.E / M.Tech
- Passed B.E. / B.Tech with at least 55% marks in the aggregate or equivalent CGPA
- Marks should be at least 55%